2017 Terms and Conditions – $5000 Cash Giveaway
- Massland Group Pty Ltd., from here on in will be referred to as the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries. Entry is only valid if all entry guidelines are completed. This contest is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over.
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. An entry can be placed on Massland Group Pty Ltd website page at http://www.massland.com.au/win.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia who complete the associated entry form during the promotional period. Employees, officers and their immediate families of the Promoter (Massland Group Pty Ltd), its agencies and any participating parties associated with this promotion and each of their associated companies are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged and the winners will be determined based on the originality and/or creativity of their entry. To enter, readers must fill in the survey and submit an original creative answer to the question asked. Readers must visit http://www.massland.com.au/win and fill out the online form to enter.
- The commencement and conclusion dates for this commences on 14/04/2014 and concludes on 14/07/2014 AEST. The winner will be selected at the offices of Massand Group Pty Ltd at Level 1, 1095 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach, QLD 4221 by the 16/07/2014 12:00:00 PM. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone according to the details provided in their entry and the requirements of the promotion.
- The promoter reserves the right to choose any respondent based on skill. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone within 7 days of promotion closing date. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of Massland Group Pty Ltd subject to legislative requirements. Person’s claiming the prize must respond within 7 days or forfeit their prize. A forfeited prize will result in selection of another contestant who answered correctly.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and residency. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- All entries become the property of the Promoters. The Promoter reserves the right to use the content of winning and runners-up entries for the purpose of future promotions.
The best valid entries, as determined by the judges in their discretion, will be published on the website and the winner will receive a prize comprising of AU$5000
The prize will be delivered at the Promoter’s expense within six to eight weeks of the winner being judged.
The prize winners will be notified by email and via telephone and may be published online.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Massland Pty Ltd reserves the right to use entries in all print and electronic media.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner. This clause does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
- In the event of that any prize item is unavailable; the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Except with the written consent of the Promoter, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. The Promoter has absolute discretion as to whether it will provide such consent and need not provide any reasons to any person for providing or withholding consent.
- Prize details are displayed on the associated entry form. Where the prize involves a holiday or vacation the Promoter shall not be responsible for transport, accommodation or any other such associated costs with the taking of the prize unless otherwise stated in the prize details. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing and exclude holiday and peak periods. Value is inclusive of GST. The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries will become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned. By entering the promotion, each entrant consents to the information they submit with their entry being entered into a database and the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of the Promoter. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Massland Group Pty Ltd to use winner’s name, suburb or residence, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation. Promoters’ decisions on all matters pertaining to this competition are final.
The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
The Promoter’s decision on all matters pertaining to this promotion is final.
- The Promoter is Sandfort Pty Ltd Trading As Massland of Level 1, 1095 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach, QLD 4221 ABN 43181 563 278.